Music

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Voice Season 2 Episode 16: Quarterfinals Part 2 (Team Adam & Team CeeLo)

- Jamar Rogers - It's My Life
Oh no,another Bon Jovi song. Jamar did good,but not as good as his previous performance. A bit underwhelming in some parts. I'm happy that he's on a roll right now.
- Katrina Parkers - Jar of Hearts
Katrina sang this song beautifully,in perfect pitch. But I wish she can rough it up a bit. Her performance can become quite bland and vanilla to me. I don't know if it can capture the teens viewers of this show to vote for her. Btw is it just me or she almost looks like Cheryl Cole tonight?
- CeeLo and his team doing tribute to Dick Clark. I don't know what's going on with this performance. So weird!!!
- Mathai - I'm Like A Bird
Great song choice but the execution didn't quite live up to the expectation. Terrible performance for me. I was bored out of my mind.
- James Massone - Just The Way You Are
James is getting more and more confident by his looks each weeks. Pretty performance,but not as good as his last performance. He got a long way to go to sharpen up his skills. But no one can deny that he can charms the audiences.
- CeeLo performs with Goodie Mob. They're using some light inside their mouth. Holy moly!!!
- Tony Lucca - Baby One More Time
Great arrangement. A bit dark!! I love it!! Although Tony's vocal is just okay for me. Kris Allen already killed this song in his touring performance.
Cheesa - I Have Nothing
Why oh why she picked another diva song for her??? Why every Filipino singer always want to sing Celine or Mariah or Whitney song??? She won't be the next Whitney Houston or power vocalist of this generation. Are you kidding me,CeeLo??? Even Charice is way better than her.
- Pip - Somewhere Only We Know
The only interesting thing about this performance is the rotating piano and the camera view of it. Pip's voice is very underwhelming to me.
- Adam Levine and his team performing Instant Karma. No comment!!
- Juliet Simms - Crying
Why she dyed her hair blonde? Why she's wearing black wing??? Oh lawd!!! Her vocal is atrocious!!! Her last performance was million times better than this. To think that a show about the voice using all method that they can to distract our attention for the contestants with ridiculous stage set-up or useless prop. Geesh. That's why I prefer American Idol.
- CeeLo eliminated James Massone (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Darn it!! He could easily sail through next round with the tweens vote). Adam eliminated Pip. Although I already predicted that would've happened.
- Underwhelming episode tonight. 



No comments: