Music

Thursday, April 12, 2012

American Idol Season 11: Top 7 Performances (Current Songs From 2010-2012)

- People at Deandre's hometown wanted him to be saved. Not a chance!! This is the difference between mainstream idol viewers and obsessed Idol fans. We,the fans who are active on Idol blogosphere knew already that the judges wouldn't save Deandre. Yet the mainstream viewers didn't have a slightest clue about it.
- Tommy Hilfiger's segment is so useless. What's the point?? This is singing competition,Tommy. Not a fashion show.
- Skylar Laine - Didn't Know How Much I Loved You
I agree with the judges. This is a perfect moment for her. Skylar said in an interview that she's gonna surprise us tonight,the song choice isn't surprising at all. She still picked country song. Maybe she was talking about her playing guitar. Anyway,this was a great performance. Amazing vocal. For me,Skylar has delivered pretty solid runs on the show,right now I prefer her above Jessica and Hollie.
- Colton Dixon - Love The Way You Lie
Definitely the best since Piano Man. Playing piano is Colton's strength. He seems to know how to play the idol game. I love it!!! Colton certainly made the song his own everytime he performs. Wow,I'm surprised that Colton wanted to sing Breaking Benjamin - I Will Not Bow before Jimmy changed the song. Shoot!! My brother love that hard rock band. He will be pissed when I tell him about this. LOL. I hope Colton will pass Phillip.
- Elise Testone & Phillip Phillips - Somebody That I Used To Know
I'm not a fan of alternative songs like Gotye and fun.,but this is pretty good. I like it!! Elise clearly outsang Phillip. I don't know why they edit Elise in that clip so that Phillip fans will hate her. I'm confused!!
- Jessica Sanchez - Stuttering
Stunning performance. Jessica can do no wrong. But somehow I don't connect with her. Don't know why. Usually I love big voice singer like her every year. But I don't love Jessica as much as I wanted to. Don't really care with her. The last thing I really loved her performance was on Top 24 night. Oh well,this is still an amazing performance though.
- Joshua Ledet - Runaway Baby
One of his best performance in the last few weeks. I prefer uptempo Joshua than ballad Joshua at this point. We already saw lots of ballad performances from him anyway. Ummm awkward!! Joshua is not into girl,Steven!! Please don't make this an awkward situation for him.
- Skylar Laine & Colton Dixon - Don't You Wanna Stay
Skylar has more moment than Colton because this song highlight the female voice rather than the male. Same with Kelly Clarkson outshined Jason Aldean in this song. A lot of sharp notes when Skylar tried to hit the high notes. Can they switch up the duet next time?? No more the same line-up.
- Hollie Cavanagh - Perfect
Usual empty vessel singing perfectly from Hollie. I thought this was a perfect song for her to redeem herself,unfortunately she failed big time. I wish she can convey her emotion everytime she performs but she can't. She just sings in perfect notes with hollow emotion. Even Hollie from last year has more emotion than this year's Hollie.
- Phillip Phillips - Give A Little More
One of his better performance since Billy Joel week. Tonight he doesn't annoy me at all with his singing. I love the arrangement. I think the judges de-pimp him.
- Hollie Cavanagh,Joshua Ledet & Jessica Sanchez - What Doesn't Kill You (Stronger)
Just okay all around. I'm bored. This performance are all over the place with their individual vocal. 2 hours is too long. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
- Elise Testone - You & I
A bit underwhelming. I expected way more from her. I still prefer Haley Reinhart's version.
- Lots of filler tonight. Urgh.
- Akon is just useless as a mentor.

My Rank:
1. Colton Dixon
2. Skylar Laine
3. Jessica Sanchez
4. Phillip Phillips
5. Joshua Ledet
6. Elise & Phillip Duet
7. Skylar & Colton Duet
8. Elise Testone
9. Hollie Cavanagh
10. Hollie,Joshua & Jessica Trio

No comments: